What's New @ The DIY Dreamer

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bat Pillow!!!

My little family and I are having a ball decorating for Halloween this year.  We always have fun, but this year we seem to be going a little nuts.  hehe It's so fun!

On Sunday we made this Bat Pillow:


As most of you know, I don't really sew yet (I'm learning).  I really wanted a Halloween Pillow but I couldn't find one.  Lucky for me, Walmart had a gorgeous black and oh so soft pillow on liquidation for $10.  I figured it was cheaper to just buy that than to buy black fabric and some filling.  I did however pick up some white fabric to make a bat to put on the pillow.

When we got home Gabrielle asked me to take out some felt so that she could make some little Halloween Characters.  Then it dawned on me.....WHITE FELT!!!  I had some white felt on hand which is like $0.39 a piece a lot cheaper than the $11.97 white fabric I picked up. DUH!!! Obviously I will be returning the fabric!!

This is how I made this simple cute Bat Pillow:

Step 1: I took out the pillow and the white felt. Step 2: I folded the felt in half and drew half a bat on it. Step 3: I pinned the folded felt together so that it wouldn't shift while I cut it. I then cut out the bat. Step 4: I hot glued the bat onto the pillow. (At first I stitched it on with black embroidery thread, I thought the contrast would look nice... WRONG.  I took it all off.)



What do you think? Pretty cute right? I LOVE that it was completed in no time at all!
I will be sharing with you my Halloween decor very soon! :)


P.S. I'm linking at these Parties.

post sponsored by:

14 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks great and it's such a cute idea! Good job without eve sewing!

Being Inspired said...

This is so cute! I love quick and easy projects like this. :)

popsiclesandpinatas.com said...

Great idea for some quick halloween decor! It looks awesome!

Michelle

Barb Camp said...

Super cute Christine! I LOVE it and can't wait to see your other decor. Barb

Angie Church said...

my nephews would love this because they are fans of all the super heros I love it because it is perfect for halloween come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Ginny Place said...

Super cute! Great idea - and definitely cheaper to go for the ready-to-go Walmart pillow.

southernscraps said...

Your pillow is awesome. A simple and quick update to a ready made pillow is my kind of sewing!

Crystelle Boutique said...

No WAY!!!! hot glue!
That is awesome: such a time-saver!

Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

Adorable as usual, Christine! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week!

Ladies Holiday said...

Those are amazing...the things that can be gun with a glue gun! I love all the great Halloween ideas. Thank you for linking up on Photo Friday at Ladies Holiday- hope to see you next week.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Super cute!! I'd love for you to link this up to Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/10/do-something-crafty-62/

Evelyn said...

What a cool easy idea:) I love your pillow:)

Gen said...

Love your bat Halloween pillow, it looks sooo snuggly! One day I will ahve different slipcover pillow cases for each holiday, I'm pinning this for inspiration when I decide to make some Halloween ones!

Claudia Zines said...

What a good idea. My son would love a pillow like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...