What's New @ The DIY Dreamer

Monday, October 15, 2012

Cord and Button Bracelet!!!

Last week I shared a tutorial on how to make a Cord and Button Bracelet over at Craftionary.  I LOVED that project so much that I thought I would share it here too.


Step 1: Take out some braiding cord and some buttons. Step 2: Cut two pieces of cord.  Both my pieces were 11''. It's better to have long pieces, you can cut them down to the perfect size after. Step 3: Thread your button and make sure your loop is at the bottom of the button. Step 4: Pull out your loop a little to be able to insert your cord through it. Step 5:  Pull tightly. Step 6: Repeat Steps 3 -5 on the other side of the button.


Step 7:  Make a knot at both ends. Step 8: Cross both your ends (making it look like a bracelet) into a circle. Step 9: Cut a piece of cord about 10'' and attach it to both cords by doing a knot. Step 10: Do about 10 Square Knots.  It's easier to see how to make square knots through a video rather than through photos.  You can see how to make Square Knots via this YouTube video. When you have made 10 or so square knots, you can make a final knot and cut the extra cord.


So what do you think?  They are actually quite fast to make, once you know how to make square knots.  Obviously there are other ways of making the bracelet adjustable, however I like the look of the square knots.


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!  

Have a FABULOUS day!



P.S. I'm linking at these Parties.

post sponsored by:

15 comments:

OksanaB said...

So cute! I love to use buttons in my jewelry too. Thank you for the tut!

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

What a great project. My girls are going to love it. Simple, but grown up. Pinning!

ramsaygrace said...

Seriously, every time I look at your projects and tutorials I'm AMAZED and wonder, "how does she come UP with all this?" I love this idea....for me as well as my girls. Plus, I think it's simple enough that the girls and I could do it together without raising my blood pressure. kidding, sort of
Thanks for sharing!
Trinity

ivalex said...

Simple and beautiful. Greetings from me and the Czech Republic.

Shannon Barefoot said...

These are lovely <3 Thanks for the tutorial!
I would love if you would share them at my link party going on right now:

http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-weekly-creative-4.html

Thanks!
Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

These are super cute! Love how easy they are to make too.

Harvard Homemaker said...

Super cute idea! Great photo tutorial, too... really easy to follow. As the mother of 4 girls, this would be a great rainy day project for us. They would love it... will have to find some colorful or flower-shaped buttons. Thanks for the great idea!

HH at HarvardHomemaker.com (my brand new blog) :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love these! I just pinned the tutorial and can't wait to make some.

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

That is super cute and so simple! Great idea - I think I even have some cording that would work! New bracelet coming up!

Rebecca @ Herons Crafts said...

I love this! Simple but pretty stunning! Thanks so much for sharing!
Have a great weekend
Rebecca
www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

Love its simplicity! Perfect!

Ladies Holiday said...

I'm going to show my daughter these they are a great idea for her to make for Christmas. Thank you for linking up on Photo Friday at Ladies Holiday- hope to see you next week :)

Bobi Jensen said...

Perfect colors and look. I want to make one!Hey, I have a weekend link party I'd love for you to join if you'd like:

http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-6.html

Thanks, Bobi

Nina Bille said...

So beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial - I love to craft when ever I get the change (Happy to have found your blog :)

WTFab said...

Cute post! Would love if if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...